Sunday, 9 August 2026

The 2026 Eclipse

On 11th August 1999 there was a solar eclipse which was about 90% of totality in the south of England where I saw it. This coming 12th August there is another eclipse which will again be seen at about 90% of totality in much of the British Isles. The 1999 one was at 18 degrees of Leo and this one will be at 20 degrees of Leo which might seem a coincidence but apparently has something to do with how sun, moon and Earth realign over multi-year cycles.

Be that as it may, there is still a significance to this phenomenon. I have long thought that the 1999 eclipse was an important one in that it heralded radical change. It was the last eclipse of the 20th century, and something really did change with human consciousness in the new millennium. We became different people in many respects, moving from a mentality largely based on past thought and attitudes, though with modern influences, to one where modern attitudes became central and past beliefs moved out to the periphery to become fringe. This change has carried on ever since, not in a smooth and straight line as things never go like that, but with a direction of travel that is unaltered. You might say that this is always the way of the world but look at how so many fundamental beliefs that had endured in various forms for centuries have been jettisoned over the last 25 years. It is quite extraordinary.

Perhaps this new eclipse will bring that particular cycle to an end. Not that we will go back to how we were. That is neither possible nor even desirable, but some kind of change in mental attitudes over recent years might be expected. The end of one cycle means the beginning of another, and there will always be several other processes going on at the same time. Even so, I venture to suggest that, in Europe especially which is on the direct path of these two eclipses, changes might come in the coming months. I am not speaking in terms of improvement. This eclipse cycle, if such it be, is a minor event in terms of the greater descent into the Kali Yuga/End Times phenomenon and the forces associated with that and they will continue to gather pace. But it is still an event.

These two eclipses also interest me because of personal involvement. As those who have read Meeting the Masters will know, the 1999 one coincided with the death of my friend Michael Lord whose Jupiter was on the exact degree of that eclipse. Jupiter in my birth chart forms a very close conjunction to the degree of the upcoming 2026 eclipse. I take that in a positive sense.

Note: I am not saying that it was only the 1999 eclipse that prompted the radical changes that have occurred since 2000. Merely that it may have been one factor among several, and that the new eclipse may be bookending a particular period that started then.

3 comments:

Bruce Charlton said...

I had not heard about this - so thanks!

It is striking how often the Anglo Saxon Chronicle reports celestial phenomena, including eclipses, first thing in the annual summary - even when the summary of a year is very brief.

I am agnostic about the significance of eclipses, although I agree that the millennium was a watershed.

But if there is a change of era presages by this forthcoming eclipse, then I don't think there is enough "good" in our national civilization for the change to be net-positive.

Those most likely change I can imagine is a swift breakdown of the decades-long domination of the left-totalitarian-materialist project... Probably (as I have often said) an acceleration into obviousness, of the already-begun breakdown into societal chaos.

William Wildblood said...

No, any possible change cannot be net-positive because we are too far gone down the wrong path. As a collective anyway, individuals can always turn round.

There do seem to be signs that the left-totalitarian-materialist project is starting to break down but its proponents will fight hard to maintain it so I don't imagine that what comes next will be pleasant.

Anonymous said...

I was born August 12 1986 and the sun was in the sign of the Lion at 19°

I'm sure it is an ill omen for myself. I don't fear death, having already died, but I'd rather not suffer terribly before I enter eternity.